Pathology is essential in the prevention, early detection, diagnosis, management, treatment and understanding of disease. Public pathology is the foundation of pathology in Australia. State government owned and operated pathology services provide vital clinical services to patients in hospital and the community throughout Australia. Public pathology:
- provides comprehensive access for all patients;
- provides high quality, integrated care;
- provides expertise in complex medicine;
- helps protect our communities;
- undertakes research, education and training; and
- operates for the benefit of the public health system and its patients.
Click for the public pathology value proposition.
Click for a Report on the Economic Value of Pathology.
A number of other pathology related resources and links can be found in this area of the website.