A significant part of Public Pathology Australia’s activities is keeping members and stakeholders informed of the latest developments that affect the provision and use of public pathology services. Public Pathology Australia canvasses members’ views as part of our policy and submission development activities.
Special interest areas that guide Public Pathology’s activities include:
- advocating the important role and value of public pathology as an essential clinical knowledge service;
- ensuring a fair and equitable financing framework for public pathology;
- encouraging fair competition between pathology providers;
- promoting safe and quality pathology laboratory services and practices;
- supporting quality use of pathology by requesters and consumers; and
- ensuring that Australia has an adequate and well trained pathology workforce.
Public Pathology Australia issues a monthly newsletter. People working in Public Pathology Australia member organisations can subscribe to the newsletter. If you would like to read previous newsletters, please feel free to contact Public Pathology Australia’s Secretariat here.
To access the members only area and current newsletter, please click here.
Public Pathology News June 2020
- COVID Response
- Value of Public Pathology
- Federal Government Update
- MBS Compliance
- Austin Pathology Expansion
- Laboratory Information Systems
- Scientific Certification
- PPA Survey
- Political Alerts